Our client, DPO is the leading online payment company across the continent who serves the travel, tourism and hospitality sector (with more sectors in the pipeline). They are leaders in technology, innovation, responsibility and leadership. Their company culture is modern and inspired. They are purveyors of advancing technology.
They are looking for a Head of Merchants Financial Services. S/he will be responsible for leading, managing and developing Easy advance, dynamic currency conversion and their Duma card products. The incumbent will be based at their headquarters in Nairobi.
General description – (Why)
To ensure that DPO’s financial products (Easy advance, dynamic currency and Duma card) are aligned with the overall business strategy towards sustained profitability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define each product, build development, deployment and operations program
- Develop and manage the business development program for each program
- Prepare and manage each products budget, KPIs, targets and other objectives. Issue weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual report in relation to the each products budget
- Develop, deploy and manage the risk management program for each product
- Identify, communicate and manage relationships with third party vendors/partners related to each product
- Develop and manage each product from the compliance and regulations perspective
- Prepare and manage the integration and communication programs with other departments for each products
- Carry out profitability analysis on an ongoing basis for each product and present scenarios and solutions towards improved business profits, balance business goals with financial risk.
- Train and supervise the Merchant Financial Service team
- Excellent mathematical ability
- Research and analytical ability
- Good problem-solving skills
- A deep understanding of economics and legislation relating to financial services
- Attention to detail
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Qualifications and skills
- Degree in Maths, Statistics, Economics, Physics or similar numerate subjects
- Experience in forecasting, financial modelling and analysis combined with an understanding of key performance indicators.
- Preferred banking and/ or insurance industry related experience
- Proven strong financial or business analysis abilities; profit focused
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.