Our client is a leading wildlife conservancy that works to conserve wildlife, provide a sanctuary for great apes and to generate income through wildlife tourism and complementary enterprises for re-investment in conservation and community development, is seeking high calibre, self – motivated and dedicated applicants in the position of Head of Marketing & Sales.
The role will report to the Head of Operations and Community Development with overall responsibility for all aspects of marketing and sales, primarily within the tourism sector, but also across other divisions including livestock and agriculture.
This role within the organisation and will include the following key responsibilities:
At an operational level to provide overall supervision for the marketing and sales for the organisation, livestock and agriculture products. The objective will be to significantly increase current sales and gross revenues across the organisation
Provide the leadership required increase the sales of all current products, concentrating primarily on the tourism business
- To lead the Marketing function of the organisation to create and promote products that assist in maximising sales revenues, making innovative “first in class” use of all available opportunities and tools (in particular SalesForce, or other software tools that may be identified for future use), to create a loyal client following that in turn can provide the basis for business and revenue growth across the tourism, agriculture and livestock sectors.
- To lead the development and creation of a tourism reservations and bookings function (Sales) that maximises the ease with which sales can be achieved, at the same time as providing the quality of information required for up-selling opportunities, efficient operations and accountability. To continue the development of this sector to offer company’s Escapes as a “one stop shop” for all tourism enquires, including commissionable third-party bookings.
- In support of the Senior Leadership Group (SLG) ensuring proper management of staff, assets and resources in accordance with Board agreed strategies and policies (adjusted from time to time in accordance with changing circumstances) to achieve organisational objectives
- Working in support of the SLG, assist in the development and implementation of the strategic vision and objectives of the organisation, as described within regularly updated and assessed long term management plans.
- To take an active role in the participation of compiling the overall organisational annual budget, as agreed with the Board on an annual basis, as well as being fully responsible for the entire sales and marketing budget working with the relevant departments, to which KPI’s and benchmarks will be attached.
- Complete monthly, quarterly, annual and other periodical reports on activities undertaken against agreed sales and marketing activities.
- Performing any other duties that may be delegated from time to time.
Desired Skills, Experience and qualities
- Education: Minimum University degree at Masters Level in a related field, (or experience in lieu of) with an emphasis on marketing and sales.
- Work Experience: A minimum of 8, preferably 10 years within the tourism industry, of which 5 years should be in a similar marketing position at management level.
- Excellent leadership, communication and reporting skills. You will be a strong team player requiring minimum supervision and ability to work under pressure.
- You can demonstrate excellent marketing ability on a strategic and operational level.
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, click on the link below http://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/99631c039678-head-of-marketing-and-sales, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.