Our client owns a luxurious property within a beautiful acreage of land situated in Laikipia.
They are looking for a Front of House Manager. The incumbent will be in charge of directing and coordinating the activities of the front desk, reservations, guest services and telephone areas.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Top notch hosting of clients by ensuring that the entire operation is run at the highest possible standard
- Work with all front-of-house departments e.g. food & beverage, housekeeping, office/reception to ensure that service provided to guests achieves the levels of excellency that are required
- Promote goodwill by being courteous, friendly and helpful to guests, other managements and all fellow employees
- Ensure that all staff maintain a neat and clean appearance, correct uniform is worn and exemplary behaviour is maintained at all times
- Meet and greet all guests, giving them appropriate welcome, orientation and safety guidelines
- Manage the hosting of guest meals, creating a warm and friendly atmosphere for all visitors to the Lodge and inviting other managers, guides and directors to join you and the guests for daily meals as appropriate
- Manage the activities available for guests-inclusive of helping to plan their itineraries, and ensuring that safety of guests and staff are considered at all times
- Show an interest and passion for wildlife, conservation and Kenya in general
- Join guests on activities where possible, have intimate knowledge of all activities on offer as well as the local geography, history and ecology
- Work with the necessary back-of-house departments to ensure that all guest rooms, public areas and game viewing vehicles are maintained to the highest possible standards
- Ensure that hygiene standards comply with both company and government requirements
- Strive to maintain and improve cost effective operations at the front and back of house
- Manage communications between the lodge and the reservations team, to make sure that all client details for arrival/departure/dietary requirements/special requests are noted and understood
- Evaluate and implement first aid, medical evacuations, and treatment as required by staff or clients while at the Lodge
- Handle client complaints and communicate all issues of such nature to the head office
- Encourage guests that are interested in the community and conservation programs to visit the projects and learn more about them
Person Specification and Qualifications
- Self-driven individuals with stamina and a mentality to produce professional standards in a challenging remote environment
- Social and open minded individuals with a great personality
- Pay attention to detail and are customer focused
- Possess good people management skills and are able to lead a strong diverse workforce.
- Very comfortable with a remote bush location
- Fluency in Swahili is key
- Proven ability in report writing and general administrative duties
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in camp management and operations in high end camps in remote locations within East Africa
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, experience and qualification
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.