Our client manufacturers corrugated cartons.
They are looking for Financial Controller to oversee the finance department for their Nairobi office.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the finance department and all accounting operations including but not limited to billing, cost accounting, inventory accounting and revenue recognition.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, reporting any variances.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements for the local company and the group.
- Support month-end and year-end close processes.
- Forecast and manage cash flow.
- Manage and comply with local and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings (KRA / Customs Compliance).
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Manage both internal and external audits
- Liaise and negotiate with banks on financial matters.
- Prepare and present board reports.
- Advice the Managing Director and the board on finance and other accounting aspects.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance.
- Take on additional controller duties as maybe required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Must have worked effectively in a manufacturing organisation of considerable size and scope, with a minimum of 15 years’ experience. 5 of these should be at senior management level.
- Must be a member of ICPAK.
- Must be a qualified CPA (K), ACCA or Bachelor of Commerce – Finance or Accounting.
- Should have the ability to think strategically and to design long-term plans.
- Should be adaptable and flexible with the ability to drive change and transformation.
- Must uphold confidentiality, be tactful, a creative thinker and proactive.
- Experience developing and managing operating budgets, cash flows and capital expenditure.
- Must have superior communication and presentation skills allowing a bridge between finance and operations locally as well as providing valuable insight to the management team and the Board.
- Proven leadership experience in managing and building a high performance team culture.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across an organisation; strong interpersonal and judgment skills will be required to influence internal and external constituents.
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on experience, skills and qualifications.