Our client owns a flower farm with over 20 years’ experience in growing and exporting flowers into the wholesale and retail markets.
They are looking for a Financial Controller who will be responsible for all financial aspects of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement the company’s financial goals and objectives.
- Contribute towards the control and management of the investment funds and resources while managing the associated risk.
- Development and enforcement of sound financial policies to eliminate operational bottlenecks.
- Development of financial models that provide guidance on how fast to grow.
- Ensuring the company is focused on the right business metrics to ensure growth.
- Develop and monitor policies and procedures to ensure sufficient cash flow, reduced operating costs, and increased revenues.
- Provide oversight to the accountants to ensure that accounting practices mirror internal financial policies.
- Support negotiations with suppliers in an effort to grow the company’s gross margin.
- Development of financial report from company board and key partners.
- Analyse transaction data and make recommendations on general business optimisation.
- Manage the Finance department ensuring that all policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Liaise with external auditor to ensure quarterly micro audits to ensure tax compliance and financial discipline.
- Track department Key performance indicators and structure reporting mechanism to ensure heads of departments are receiving critical feedback promptly.
- Ensure the company maintains good corporate governance.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor of Commerce – Accounting or Finance.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPAK) and CPS (K).
- Proficiency in the use of ERPs, Accounting packages, Ms Office, Databases and knowledge of general accounting principles.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in mid-level management,
- Ability to think strategically and to design long term plans.
- Should be adaptable and flexible with the ability to drive change and transformation.
- Must uphold confidentiality, be tactful, creative thinker and proactive.
- Customer service orientation – focused towards internal and external customer needs
- Team player with excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Effective problem-solving and decision making skills.
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
All documentation is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.