Our client is a leading logistics provider in East Africa.
They are looking for a Financial Controller to assist in setting up their business unit in Uganda, to be based in Kampala. The incumbent will be responsible for setting up, maintaining and supervising the accounting, financial and tax reporting procedures for the entity.
You will be responsible for the integrity of finance and accounting policies, standards and budgets, and ensuring adequate practical implementation.
You will be the Custodian of the framework for standardised business processes for the entity and will be responsible for the provision of relevant, accurate and timely information to key stakeholders (Statutory as well as Management).
The position will report to the CEO and Group Financial Controller.
The Financial Controller’s key focus areas will be:
- Implementing an ERP System,
- Implementing strong controls, systems and procedures;
- Preparing accounting and management reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Tasked with planning for and implementing an ERP software system;
- Handling and managing the company’s finance function including the setup of a strong accounting team as required;
- Ensuring the existence of a sound structure of financial controls as well as compliance with company principles on business conduct and ethics.
- Preparing financial statements and reports for presentation to management and shareholders.
- Assisting with budget preparation and financial planning procedures;
- Providing timely, accurate & complete financial information and management information for internal use and for statutory and fiscal purposes.
- Preserving the integrity and reliability of financial information. Promoting system upgrades and enhancements.
- Applying or implementing accounting policies in accordance with statutory and IFRS requirements; acting as a custodian and providing assistance in their interpretation and implementation.
- Liaising with the parent company, auditors, banks, insurers, tax authorities and other stakeholders in connection with finance related issues.
Essential Skills and Person Specification
- Relevant degree in Finance and/or professional qualification – ACCA or equivalent.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in a senior accounting role.
- Excellent managerial skills and an ability to manage the work flow.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and ERP Systems. Working knowledge of SAP/Cargowise would be an added advantage.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and motivate other team members.
- Strong commercial and strategic capabilities in addition to the core financial skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize work, meet tight deadlines and work without supervision
- Energetic, enthusiastic, hands-on, independent, with the ability to take the initiative in their role.
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.