Our client offers warehouse and logistics services in Kenya. They are looking for a Finance Manager to offer leadership of the finance function and support country operations through strategic and tactical imperatives.
The incumbent will be based in Nairobi and will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer, with a dotted line to the Country Head.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Provide financial and commercial support to the organisation
- Participate in the strategic planning process, offering direction and advise to the senior management team in relation to risk, commercial contracts, approval of business opportunities and general approach to maximising financial performance
- Develop and co-ordinate necessary and appropriate accounting and statistical data and procedures for the maintenance and the preparation of commercial reports for decision making
- Overall responsibility for financial plans and policies to ensure compliance with set IFRSs, internal controls to mitigate risks and accounting practices and relationships
- Accountable for budgeting and forecasting, management accounting and cost accounting
- Responsible for accuracy and integrity of general ledger, ensuring timeous and regular review and clearing of balance sheet reconciliation items
- Appraise operating results in terms of benchmark budgets, forecasts and strategic plans and coordinate appropriate action plan
- Effective financial management of client accounts, including monthly, quarterly and annual budgeting
- Revenue management ensuring accurate billing of clients and appropriate follow up of outstanding payments
- Ensure a sound and effective relationship and interface with the central finance team
- Motivate and develop financial support staff by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback
- Ensure compliance will all local statutory accounting rules and requirements
Person Specification, qualifications and skills
- Qualified chartered accountant with 10+ years’ experience, 6 of which have been in a leadership capacity
- A minimum 5 years industry experience is required
- Proven leadership experience in managing and building a high performance team culture is essential
- Experience developing and managing operating budgets, cash flows and capital expenditure
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across an organisation
- Strong interpersonal and judgment skills will be required to influence internal and external constituents
- Proactive/self-starter who can work in a fast paced environment
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.