Our client operates various luxury safari properties in East Africa.
They are looking for a Finance Director to be based in Nairobi, Kenya. S/he will be responsible and accountable for the financial and risk management operations of the group, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop and implement performance measures (KPI’s) that are consistent with the company’s strategic direction and goals
- Participate in key decision making processes as a member of the executive management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Manage the accounting, human resources, investor relations, legal, tax, and treasury departments
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations
- Manage any third parties to which accounting or finance functions have been outsourced
- Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems
- Implement best practice policies and procedures within the Group finance department
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and participate, generally, in acquisition opportunities and processes
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Report financial results to the board of directors
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Determine optimal debt and equity financing structures for the Group
- Manage and invest surplus funds and develop optimal treasury strategies and procedures
- Participate in conference calls with the investment community
- Maintain banking relationships
- Represent the company with investment bankers and investors (if applicable)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Commerce – Accounting or Finance.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPAK) and CPS (K).
- Proficiency in the use of ERPs, Accounting packages, Ms Office, Databases and knowledge of general accounting principles.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in senior-level management,
- Ability to think strategically and to design long term plans.
- Should be adaptable and flexible with the ability to drive change and transformation.
- Must uphold confidentiality, be tactful, creative thinker and proactive.
- Team player with excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Effective problem-solving and decision making skill
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.