Our client is a consulting company providing research and strategic services, expert analysis, tailored counsel and access to local knowledge for a diverse array of factors operating in the world’s most challenging environments.
They are looking for a finance and administration assistant. S/he will be responsible for effectively developing and enacting company policies to increase the efficiency of financial operations within the organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of fieldwork advances; Prepare cash withdrawal schedules for advances and issue the funds on time, review all receipts submitted after field missions to confirm completeness and accuracy and ensure they are in line with the organizations’ financial policies;
- Prepare cheque request forms and ensure that all supporting documents are attached for approval and payment;
- Posting transactions in the XERO financial system;
- Filing of financial /administrative documents after payment in a chronological manner;
- Supplier accounts reconciliation; In charge of Accounts payable which include correspondence with suppliers, payment processing, account reconciliations and review of supplier contracts for terms of reference, validity periods and payment terms;
- Prepare and send out approved local purchase orders;
- Prepare monthly input and output schedules for VAT returns;
- Responsible for maintaining issuance of petty cash, review the receipts submitted, post in the shared worksheets and issue receipts for all cash refunds;
- Payroll management; Ensure that statutory and non-statutory payments are made before the due date and make monthly schedules of all staff salary deductions and assist to make bulk payments;
- Make cash withdraws for fieldwork and office use, as an online bank user he/she will create beneficiaries, prepare bulk payments awaiting authorization;
- Assist in client invoicing;
- Prepare bank reconciliations for review and approval;
- Act as contact person with office suppliers and ensures utilities bills are paid on time;
- Maintain stationary inventory and restocking schedules;
- Review and update the assets register and carry out a physical confirmation of the assets;
- Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions;
- Adhere to the organisation’s financial policies and procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or a related field;
- Certified public accountant at least part II
- Understanding of data privacy standards; integrity; honesty; customer-service skills;
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Familiarity with business principles and practices;
- Superior attention to detail; Organizational skills; planning skills; problem-solving skills; analytical skills; critical thinking skills; computer skills, particularly with spreadsheets and accounting software;
- Ability to adapt to change, take initiative and prioritise;
- Ability to work within a team;
- Ability to manage and maintain good client relations;
- Sound emotional intelligence.
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.