Our client provides fully fledged operations of underwriting general insurance services to individual and corporate clients in East Africa.
They are looking for a dynamic Executive Secretary. The Executive Secretary’s role will be responsible for effective management of all aspects of the Executive Office in a mature and professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attending to incoming and outgoing email, emails and all other correspondence, including confidential natures.
- Arranging themeetings and attending to visitors
- Arranging meetings for the board of directors
- Arranging board committee meetings and coordinate committee documentation packs in time
- Assisting the chief marketing officer and executive director functions related to their associate companies
- Assisting the chief marketing officer/executive director in preparing joint venture documents and dealing with advocates for this purpose
- Assisting in sending broker performance correspondences
- Coordinating with managers and staff for specific company meetings
- Preparing confidential letters pertaining to managers
- Handling phone calls and attending to visitors
- Handling board meetings in the absence of the MDs secretary
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Administration or any business-related degree
- Proficiency in the use of Word processing, Databases, Spreadsheets, E-mail, Internet.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an executive office (PA)
- Excellent typing skills
- Experience in insurance industry is an added advantage
- Good interpersonal and effective communication skills
- Good time management
- Assertiveness and self-drive
- Honesty, reliability, dependability and ethical
- Sound analytical skills
- Customer service orientation – focused towards internal and external customer needs
- Ability to work under pressure and manage time efficiently
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions effective
Remuneration and Benefits
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, experience and qualifications
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role. All documentation is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.