Our client, DPO is the leading online payment company across the continent who serves the travel, tourism and hospitality sector (with more sectors in the pipeline). They are leaders in technology, innovation, responsibility and leadership. Their company culture is modern and inspired. They are purveyors of advancing technology.
They are looking for a Customer Care Officer. S/he will ensure high levels of customer service as DPO believes in prompt and effective feedback to its merchants and end consumers.
This role will also entail sustaining merchant and consumer satisfaction so as to retain them, thereby generating additional business through cross-sell opportunities.
- Customer focus to effectively investigate customer complaints and respond timely and appropriately.
- Ability to proactively monitor merchant accounts and take appropriate action as applicable.
- Interpersonal skills to create and maintain relevant business networks; and to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (internal and external), and other stakeholders who impact performance.
- Ability to perform activities/tasks and orient in a manner that consistently achieves high quality standards or benchmarks set by the company.
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support performance and customer-service oriented culture.
- Presentation Skills- Able to represent the Company products to Merchants at ease
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
- Personal motivation and drive for consistency in delivering results within deadlines.
- Proactive, confident, energetic and able to work under pressure with a positive attitude and use good organization skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train Merchants on use of DPO System for the various payment options.
- General merchant and end-consumer support on queries raised within the DPO Support Portal as well as on Phone.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction by taking ownership of customers’ complaints and following problems through to resolution.
- Handling and reporting merchant and consumer complaints to the Customer care manager
- Sustain customer satisfaction and increase retention rates through adhering to set customer service and DPO merchant support standards.
- Minimising errors within the department through correct handling of support tickets.
- Competency development to effectively perform customer care assigned tasks.
- Adherence to and application of established policies, processes, procedures and tools to achieve optimal efficiency.
- Any other duties that may be assigned to you by the head of department
Person Specification, qualifications and skills
- University Degree – Upper Second or GPA 3.0.
- At least 2 years successful experience in fintech, call center, banking and customer experience.
- A superior understanding of Ticketing system, Customer Care Centre and Call Center.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Packages.
- Knowledge of a foreign language will be an advantage (French)
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
All documentation is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.