Our client, a start-up business who runs a digital platform seeking to improve healthcare for everyone by using technology to improve decision-making processes and patient treatment.
They are looking for a commercially and operationally minded Country Manager to lead and grow their operations in Kenya. The Country Manager will oversee the expansion of the company from the individual facilities they are currently serving, to sizeable government and private sector contracts across the whole country.
The ideal candidate will have excellent leadership and managerial skills with a track record of leading high performing teams to produce results in difficult circumstances.
They will be adept at managing the challenges of negotiating commercial contracts, and in organising an operational team to get things done. They will need to be confident hiring and performance managing a sizeable team. They are likely to be a former entrepreneur, CEO, COO, or high performing leader from a professional services firm.
The Country Manager will work closely with the company’s Global Head of Operations based in London.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Country Manager will be responsible for managing and overseeing teams to
- Build and maintain relationships, including with County health ministries at all levels of government
- Negotiate and close significant public and private sector contracts
- Set up thousands of facilities with the company’s software, including delivering hardware, training staff, and troubleshooting technical problems
- Ensure customer experience is at the core of everything they do, including gathering product and other feedback and prioritising actions to take
- Ensure the company’s values are upheld, compliance with the highest ethical standards
- Make provisions for the safety and welfare of the staff, customers, and the environment
- Building and maintaining customer relationships, including closing contracts
- Developing and coordinating strategy with the company’s Global Head Office in London
- Hiring and performance management
- Managing financial performance and risk
- Resolving customer and team issues
- Gathering product feedback to support product development
Person Specification, qualifications and skills
- Excellent team leadership and management skills, with a bias for action and getting things done
- Entrepreneurial, with strong judgement and problem-solving ability
- The ability to recruit exceptional staff and manage performance
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Strong understanding of how a business operates
- Passion for the company’s mission
- Degree from a well-recognised University
- Experience in healthcare and/or technology desirable but not required
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, click on the link below https://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/0613566a83b7-country-manager, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.