Our client owns flower farms in Kenya, they have been growing and exporting flowers for over 20 years.
They are looking to recruit a Commercial Manager to manage the business portfolio of cut flowers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio of existing client accounts ensuring a minimum order is achieved week on week
- Seek out new clients and form strong working relationships
- Identify valuable emerging markets and target clients in these markets
- Serve as a business representative at major industry events, conferences, trade shows, and expositions
- Accurately forecast future sales and create sales plans to adapt to constant shifts in the marketplace
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends
- Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Establish and adjust selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Visit out-growers in Kenya to build relationships for outsourced cut flowers required
- Work in partnership with the production department on weekly production for each season to inform clients on the same for their order planning and up-selling
- Daily up-selling to existing clients to ensure all cut flowers are sold with minimal discard waste on a weekly basis
- Monitor trends that indicate the need for new products and services and communicating the same to the relevant departments (production and post-Harvest)
- Anaylse aged debtors on a weekly basis and follow up accounts team and clients on the same
- Highly motivated and with good attitude to achieve positive results
- The ability to work calmly under pressure
- Excellent communication and ‘people skills’ notably over the phone for selling
- An appetite for securing deals with clients in new markets
- Minimum 5 years’ sales experience in Cut Flowers notably Roses
- Excellent Excel / word and Power point presentation skills.
- Strong business acumen and market knowledge (Cut flowers)
- Proven track record in achieving sales targets and objectives
- First class negotiating and presentation skills
- Experience in compiling and analyzing sales and production figures
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.