About The Role
The CM is responsible for the management of the Commercial Department, including Technical resources, Product development and Sales. This includes developing sales channels; coordinating technical activities; strategies, and budgets towards potential customers in Kenya and surrounding countries, including Uganda, Zimbabwe, Tanzania and Ethiopia. In addition, the CM is responsible for marketing and customer liaison activities in this market.
The CM reports to the General Manager and the Sales Director and liaises with the Global Technical Manager.
To manage the Commercial Department including staff and operations. These are headlined as:
Sales Activities, Technical Resources and Marketing activities
To support and realise sales of all the company’s products within the region. This through the development of new and existing sales strategies aimed at new and existing customers. Included, but not limited to this are:
- To develop strategic pricing policies
- To analyse market trends and competition with a view to strategic positioning of prices and product placement.
- To jointly develop annual and quarterly sales budgets
- To review on a weekly basis the sales and stock data from customers in the region, with a view to sales trends and develop strategies to enhance sales.
- To expand upon existing developments from technical trials with a view to commercializing them into sales.
- To investigate the establishment of new markets to the region, both in terms of customer bases, as well as products. Included, but not limited to this are:
- The traditional market of Florists and Event management customers
- Technical Support products
- Pot plants and Live plant export products
- To be the main sales point of contact for customers, both internally and externally to the business.
- This will include handling enquiries, correspondence and complaints from the market
- To follow up on customer requirements as communicated by them or the team
- Develop marketing strategy; background information and documentation concerning the assortment and promotional activities. To then liaise with the international sales team in incorporating their global requirements with the companies African base. Included, but not limited to this are:
- Development of magazine articles and print media
- Review and evaluation of participation promotional events
- Set up and lead attendance at local and international fairs
- Develop financial and resource budget requirements for the above items
- To lead the Technical team’s planning and activities; to contribute actively to technical initiatives, market and competitor research
- To review trials at growers being undertaken for developments, opportunities and sales follow up
- To accompany the technical team customers for follow up and liaison for the company’s products and initiatives.
- Maintain good relations with the international office; Importers in Europe, America and the Rest of the World; and accounts in the East Africa markets with respect to new products, training, attendance of meetings, fairs and events
As a member of the Senior team, the CM may also be required from time to time be involved in items that are not specifically mentioned above. Due notice will be given to the CM of such requirements as they develop.
- Excellent knowledge of the professional flower market is essential
- Strong Commercial and Sales experience within the industry
- Client and result oriented
- High degree of commitment and involvement
- Ability to travel extensively both locally and internationally
- Open for changes and flexible towards customers, within the scope of integrity
- Ability to work autonomously and make independent decisions.
- Fluent in both oral and written English