Our client, DPO Group is the leading online payment company across the continent who serves the travel, tourism and hospitality sector (with more sectors in the pipeline). They are leaders in technology, innovation, responsibility and leadership. Their company culture is modern and inspired. They are purveyors of advancing technology.
They are looking for a Chief Operating Officer. S/he will report directly to the Group CEO and oversee the company’s ongoing operations and procedures.
You will be the company’s second-in-command and responsible for all tactical matters as they relate to operations, risk, compliance and day to day operations.
Main Tasks – What to do
Manage and lead the Operations Division as under
- Develop and implement fraud prevention procedures and processes to ensure effective transactions monitoring
- Implement risk management processes and procedures to include merchants review and the charge-back processes
- Define and maintain the overall SLA with merchants including VIP merchants and customers
- Verify ongoing system proper operations and performances as well as specify new system features
- Chairman of the risk committee; identify areas of risks and the appropriate methods of managing company’s exposure
- In charge of Group risk management to define and control the overall operational risk
- Ensure Group operational compliance procedures are in place and working effectively to include AML and Merchant compliance.
- Develop and maintain Business intelligence (BI) procedures
- To ensure all Divisions within the Group develop, implement and adhere to divisional SLAs as well as intercompany SLAs
- As the HQ operational manager, you will be in charge of the day to day operational issues while ensuring operational collaboration among all divisions
- Special projects assigned by the Group CEO
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or Economics or Mathematics or Computer Science or related areas.
- At least 10 years of experience in senior operational activities and no less than 5 years in a CEO or COO position
- Strong managerial and leadership skills and the desire to develop other leaders
- Holistic and proactive approach and proven experience in the development of processes
- Exceptional communication skills with a ‘get things done’ attitude
- Experience of operating in a highly customer-centric culture
- Strong desire to learn new information and techniques in a constantly evolving field
- Attention to detail, strong sense of responsibility and very high level of integrity
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Fintech or financial services experience – preferred
- Experience in scaling high growth tech companies preferred
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, please follow the link below to upload your documentation; http://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/c7fcdb7a3728-chief-operating-officer, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.