Our client, based in Nanyuki – Kenya, is a Wireless Internet Service Provider.
They are looking for a Chief Executive Officer. S/he will be responsible for establishing the company’s goals & strategies, oversee budgets and ensure resources are properly allocated within the organisation. They will preside over the entire workforce and ensure each department meets the set KPIs.
In addition, the incumbent will be accountable to the shareholders and the general public on the performance of the business.
The incumbent will be based in Nanyuki town.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Provide adequate and timely information to the Board to enable it to effectively execute its oversight role.
- Ensure members of the Board perform their fiduciary duties and other governance responsibilities.
- Collaborate with the board of directors to develop policies and offer direction for the organisation.
- Provide visionary and strategic leadership for the organisation
- Develop operational strategies and take the overall lead in implementing the same within the organisation.
- Oversee the investment of funds and manage associated risks, execute capital-raising strategies to support expansion and deal with mergers and acquisitions as and when they happen.
- Oversee the entire finance functions and objectives with a keen eye on the top line, bottom line, cash flows, budgets and financial reports.
- Implement the organisation’s guidelines on a day-to-day basis.
- Preside over quality control and customer service delivery.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other associations, industry, and government officials that are in the best interest of the organisation.
- Direct staff, including organisational structure, professional development, motivation, performance evaluation, discipline, compensation, personnel policies, and procedures.
- Have strong business acumen, highly developed commercial and people management skills
- Must have experience in strategic decision making
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- High level experience and skills working with stakeholders in the telecommunications industry
- Strong Leadership and Personal Credibility
- Strong strategy formulation and implementation skills
- Strong ability to drive innovation, optimise technology and contribute to sustainability
- Telecommunications industry Guru and Industry opinion leader
- Very high accountability and policymaking responsibility
- Responds flexibly to changing situations by managing the business and people aspects of change to drive performance
- Strong leadership in Project and Programme Management
- Ability to drive strong Operational Excellence
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Must have at least 10 years’ experience in Business and operations Management, 5 of which should be at Director level
- A graduate with a degree in business management, Social sciences, or any other relevant field
- Professional certification in Business Management would be an advantage
- A Masters degree would be an added advantage
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.