Our client is based in Nanyuki, Kenya and are a Wireless Internet Service Provider. They are the major Wi-Fi providers around the Mount Kenya region.
They are searching for a seasoned Chief Commercial Officer to drive and expand their retail sales to consumers, as well as SOHO and SME customers. They operate approximately 1,000 public hotspots and approximately 500 Commercial SME and Household accounts.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Driving continuous volume growth by optimising trade and marketing fundamentals – for example, product availability and visibility
- Drawing up the annual sales and marketing plan and budget to present to the Board
- Develop sales targets and strategies with the sales team ensuring targets are met and profits generated
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion
- Ensuring sales and marketing activities are kept within budget
- Training the sales team to establish new leads and close sales
- Ensure marketing activities are distributed widely on social media and relevant platforms/trade exhibitions
- Ensure maximum distribution of products in the market
- Plan, initiate and execute sales meetings
- Prospecting for new customers
- Running regular customer feedback surveys and sharing results to drive improvements and report progress of sales targets
- Maintains full activity and client contact tracking via the Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales
- Reviews and analyses sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Excellent PR and communication skills
- Must have proven sales and marketing skills and be able to demonstrate closed wins as well as successful marketing campaigns.
- Must have the ability to set realistic targets and achieve them
- Must have experience setting and managing route-to-market channels within the country
- Must be flexible to travel within the country to promote the products.
- Must be proactive with good team management, entrepreneurial and analytical skills
- Must be a creative, self-motivated individual who takes initiative
- Should be decisive and diplomatic with good listening skills
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 7 years’ working experience in sales in low value retail sales channels, 5 of which have been at management level. ARPU for consumer sales is 150/- per month with most people opting for a 50/- bundle and topping up at least 3 times.
- International sales, relationship and account management experience is a distinct advantage
- Must have thorough drive, determination and be beautifully presented
- Excellent use of the English language is essential (written and verbal)
- Ability to work independently
- Bachelor’s degree. A relevant MBA will be an added advantage
- Experience selling new products will be preferable
- IT/Communication industry background experience required, but not essential
- Strong closing skills
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.