Our client operates an 111,000-acre wildlife conservancy situated in Northern Kenya.
They are looking for a Chief Commercial Officer that can run a big business – a CCO who will be primarily responsible for all commercial activities, providing logistics and human capital support throughout the organisation. Able to maximise sustainable commercial revenues and assist in the efficient operations of the organisation.
This is a rare opportunity to be entrepreneurial but in a role with purpose, leading the way in conservation and community development.
The position reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversight of all the conservancy financials in liaison with the Chief Financial Officer. You will have a firm understanding of P&L’s, balance sheets and financial modeling to evaluate projects.
- Assist to bring up all systems, procedures and operations up to date with the latest
- Oversee the marketing department, from brand building through to communication.
- Instill the culture, vision and mission of the conservancy into all staff members and hold everyone accountable for staying on message.
- Assist in developing a new Training and Development Calendar and working with HR to develop KPI and a performance related pay system, roll out the training and communication events.
- Assist the CEO to improve the efficiency and efficacy of support operations (logistics and human capital) to get more done at less cost.
- Hold costs flat to free up cash within the current operations of the organisation
- Increase current revenues by a substantial margin from the current commercial businesses to be reinvested in conservation and community development.
- To present ideas for new commercial businesses to ensure the Conservancy’s revenue streams substantially expand and are profitable.
- Manage the team to speed up and drive clear decision making throughout the organisation
- Assisting to deliver the Conservancy’s 2020 Strategic plan and targets.
Key Competences, Skills and Qualifications
- Must have a business related degree and MBA
- 10 years commercial experience with a minimum of 6 years in a senior commercial position.
- Financial oversight skills. Budgets, forecasts, business modeling, P&L.
- Superior IT knowledge.
- Must be a Kenya Citizen
You are a rainmaker, a strategic thinker. You have years of experience in drumming up ideas to make money. You are revenue focused with a very strong modern management style. You do not engage in an ‘old school’ management style. On the contrary, you embrace all aspects of the latest innovation and technology, which you use to improve the efficiencies of an organisation across all departments.
You are an entrepreneur who treats the business as if it were your own. You take care of cost control and dig deep into underlying issues and nip them in the bud. You follow through with the skill and strength of a tennis pro. You never leave loose ends hanging and you don’t expect your team to either.
You put people first. You are relationship builder with excellent communication and PR skills. You are a firm, but fair manager who takes real pride in mentoring your staff to the best of their ability.
You don’t sit in an ivory tower. Your time management is excellent. You are used to working independently.
Above all you are commercially extremely competent. You will be able to demonstrate your track record of commercial success, which will include evidence of innovation and strategic thinking.
You will also able to demonstrate your evidence for successful management and development of teams.
It is very important to note that we are not looking for a conservationist; we are looking for a commercially experienced manager who has the intelligence, skills and experience to drive the commercial activities of the conservancy forwards.
You will be required to spend a good deal of time on site, however, this position is open to candidates living in Nairobi who are prepared to travel if they do not want to live full time on the Conservancy.
This is an extremely senior management position.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the requirements listed above.
The full application pack will be available on request.
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.