Our client, DPO Group is the leading online payment company across the continent who serves the travel, tourism and hospitality sector (with more sectors in the pipeline). They are leaders in technology, innovation, responsibility and leadership. Their company culture is modern and inspired. They are purveyors of advancing technology.
They are looking for an Airline Sales Manager to be based in their headquarters in Nairobi.
The position will be responsible for expanding DPO’s market share across Africa for small, medium and global airlines & related aviation industry customers, to manage the DPO airline customer relationship portfolio and grow sales and volumes within the aviation market.
KEY COMPETENCIES (Who)
- Excellent English – both written and verbal, knowledge of French an advantage
- Strong communication and people management skills
- Established knowledge of the airline industry with strategic relationships within wider aviation industry
- Intelligent, pro-active, quick thinker accustomed to interacting with top level airline executives, commercial managers, digital managers and reservation staff
- Technology proficient (knowledge of airline booking engines & reservations systems required)
- Reliable, trustworthy and aware of the need for integrity and compliance (internal & external)
- Experience in activity, task and sales planning & reporting
- Proven customer relations skills
- Understanding of the importance of after-sales follow up and customer relationship maintenance
- Proven track record in frontline sales and understanding of CRM system management
- Excellent face-to-face presentation skills also comfortable with skype presentations
- Must be very energetic and thorough with a mature attitude to relationship building internally and externally
- Confidence, enthusiasm and persuasive in nature
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good time-management skills
- Highly motivated self-starter
- The ability to work under pressure and able to meet deadlines
- Possess a sense of Responsibility, Leadership and Innovation
- Working knowledge of commercial aviation, global distribution systems and booking engines.
- Minimum 5 years’ background in sales with senior level sales experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in sales at one or more of the following sectors:Airline, Travel Agency or Aviaton Technology provider (aviation experience preferred)
- Understanding of Office System including Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Experience with CRM system for lead & pipeline planning & reporting
- Ability to negotiate, mediate and influence.
- Fluent sales presenter
Job Responsibilities (How)
- To compile & share global/regional airlines sales program
- To agree targets and implement the airline sales, events & customer support activity calendar
- To execute and report on the agreed sales program
- To deliver market share and volume targets
- To plan and compile annual aviation sales plan and budget
- To follow the company sales procedures
Main Tasks (What)
- Agree personal & airline market sales targets, plan, initiate and execute sale meetings
- To manage own schedule & follow up with clients each month, face-to-face, by skype and phone calls to generate new sales and support existing clients in tandem with the Country Managers
- Manage new accounts and ensure adequate after sales relationship management including managing, defining win strategies for and responding to RFIs, RFP’s, and RFQs.
- To take the lead in dormant account reactivation and ongoing client revenue management meetings.
- Develop and maintain technical details of all airlines in the region on what PSP solutions they currently have and existing gaps.
- Develop and maintain technical details of competitor products and business models with regards to solutions provided to airlines as part of market intelligence.
- To support all markets to attract and close sales with regional & global airlines and follow up with after sales support
- To liaise with and brief Regional and Country Management regarding Airline/Aviation related support opportunities & challenges
- Lead efforts internally with operations, sales operation and others, to build business case in order to drive successful closing of airline contracts
- To vet all requests for new accounts (KYC, Closed Won) with recommendations to HOS once approval – ready
- To understand & operate the company CRM and Qliq (BI) system
- To prepare and present weekly sales reports for the Group Head of Sales, based on sales targets, activities and achievements, deadlines and market intelligence
- To participate in sales roadshows, workshops, client exhibitions and events as directed by Sales and Marketing departments.
- Be an active influence within the airline community via presentations, speeches, teaching sessions, podcasts, etc.
- The Global Airline Sales Manager will be expected to fulfill other duties and cover other markets and sectors on an ad-hoc basis according to the needs of the Sales Team and Customer Support and as directed by the Group Head of Sales or other DPO Senior Management
- The Global ASM will be required to work overtime and over weekends at times according to the demands of the job; the job will involve a lot of travel both within Africa and internationally to target new sales opportunities and close/win accounts
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, follow the link below, http://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/0efdea2c0856-airline-sales-manager, please quote the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.