Our client, a leading independent power producer. They develop, own and operate power plants utilising various technologies across the African continent.
They are looking for an Accountant for their Kenya office. She/he will be responsible for supporting all the primary financial and accounting transactions for all the entities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inputting and verifying data in the Sun accounting system
- Generating accurate, useful and timely reports for information and decision making
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile transactions
- Processing monthly tax payments and returns
- Ensuring compliance with organisation policies and procedures on all financial and accounting transactions
- Checking invoices against supporting documents in preparation for payment
- Maintaining safe custody and ensure proper access and retrieval of finance records
- Performing the day to day processing of accounts payable transactions to ensure that the Company’s finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner
- Assist in the maintenance of the Construction budget
- And any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
Person Specification, qualifications and skills
- A degree holder in the business or accounting field
- CPA – K or ACCA finalist.
- Must have two-years’ experience in a busy Accounting Department
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Should be a self-starter working with minimal supervision
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and principles
- Experience with general ledger and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt in a change environment
- Diversity and ethical behaviour
- Advanced computer skills – spreadsheets, accounting systems
- Planning and Organising
- Ability to work with teams
- Ability to work well under pressure, working accurately with attention to detail and meeting deadlines
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, click on the link below http://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/57f36e078fba-accountant, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.